The organization has many fold welfare activities all around, mainly engaged in the construction, renovation and supervision of various historical Gurdwaras in India and abroad with the kind cooperation of devotees (Sikh Sangat) world over. Apart from religious activities, multiple missionary activities of social welfare like construction of rural link roads, canals, drain bridges, village streets and digging of drains etc. are also undertaken by the organization. Environment Cleaning Projects were included in the main stream of Kaar Sewa in the year 1999. A Multimedia Sikh Museum using latest Liquid Crystal Display Touch Screen technology, which is first of its kind in the world has also been established at Khadur Sahib by this organization. Thousands of visitors including students, teachers, preachers, socio-political leaders and pleaders from all over the world come daily to watch and take benefit from the newest technology. To commemorate the Quincentenary Gurpurb of Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji (Birthday of Second Sikh Master) in the year 2004, it was decided by the Kaar Sewa organization to establish a registered Trust namely “Nishan-E-Sikhi Charitable Trust” in Khadur Sahib to uplift the moral values among the humans. An eight storey building named "Nishan-e-Sikhi" has been constructed at Khadur Sahib with the kind contribution of Sardar Kartar Singh Thakral Singapore and his family. Almighty Waheguru blessed the family to render great service to humunity. The objectives of the Nishan-e-Sikhi are to provide opportunity of advanced education, sports and various welfare activities to the talented and economically backward people in the country.
Projects Initiated by Kaar Sewa, Khadur Sahib with Cooperation of the Sikh Sangat (Devotees).
The projects of Kaar Sewa initiated by Sant Baba Gurmukh Singh, Sant Baba Sadhu Singh, Sant Baba Jhanda Singh, Sant Baba Uttam Singh for serving mankind are functioning in full swing with the cooperation of Sikh Sangat under the able guidance of Baba Sewa Singh Ji, even today. The main aim of this Kaar Sewa is to construct and renovate Gurdwaras, “sarovers” (holy ponds), roads, bridges, educational institutions and to plant trees for the purification of environment, which is the need of the hour.
The following projects have been undertaken by Kaar Sewa, Khadur Sahib:
Mata Khiwi Ji Langar
After the name of Mata Khiwi, wife of Sri Guru Angad dev, a very big and spacious community kitchen hall has been constructed. With the cooperation of people of the area, The tradition of serving ““Desi Ghee Kheer” (rice pudding cooked with purified butter) is still prevailing with ardor and courtesy. To serve in community kitchen, people from approximately 70 villages in the area come on their own vehicles. They perform all the activities of preparing food, serving it and ensuring cleanliness etc with complete devotion, diligence and enthusiasm. For preparation of “Kheer”(rice pudding) in the community kitchen, collection of milk and other supplies is done from the villages turn by turn, which comes once in every week. Similarly, the turn to do other services comes after one month, which is eagerly awaited by people of concerned village.
Construction of Verandahs and Circumambulation at Gurdwara Tapiana Sahib.
To make the complex of Gurdwara Tapiana Sahib more beautiful and keeping in mind the arrival of large number of pilgrims, the reconstruction of sarovar, circumambulation and verandahs on four sides is in progress. Side by side, to give a natural look to the complex, different kinds of trees are being planted under proper planning. To preserve heritage of the complex of Gurdwara sahib, a traditional building “Barandari” (building having twelve doors) has been preserved and in the circumambulation of sarover also, bricks baked with special technique are being used instead of marble.
MultiMedia Sikh Museum
The Multimedia Sikh Museum was originally opened for public in year April, 2004 and was dedicated to the 5th Centennial Gurpurb celebrations of Guru Angad Dev Ji. The museum has been set up in a beautiful building adjacent to Gurdwara Angitha Sahib under the able guidance of Dr. Raghbir Singh Bains. The museum is equipped with LCD Touch Screens, projectors and many more audio-visual aids. The technology is inter-active, veryfriendly and easy to use by the people of all ages.
The Museum is a living memorial to honour those who sacrificed their life by celebrating their lives - cherishing the civilization that they built their achievements and faith, their joys and hopes, and the vibrant Sikh community that is their legacy today. It is a significant educational resource for students, teachers, scholars and common people. The museum is a storehouse of educational and historical information about how people and societies behaved through the ages.
Interestingly, the Museum contains visual and interactive information for people of all ages about Sikh religion, its history, heritage, culture and Sikh way of life. It contains audio, video, animations, graphics and rich text about Sikh philosophy. It is very responsive and does not need expertise in computers to play with the technology. Also, with the active co-operation of Patiala based. S. Mohan Singh (Ex. Founder Curator-Punjab Museum) the life story of Guru Angad Dev Ji has been manifested thought the paintings prepared by eminent Artists.
Shri Guru Angad Dev Yatri Niwas
In Gurdwara Sri Darbar Sahib Complex, a magnificent building of Sri Guru Angad Dev Yatri Niwas comprising of about 50 rooms has been constructed for providing modern lodging facilities to pilgrims. Special arrangements have been made for safe parking of vehicles and to provide lodging facilities to the visitors/pilgrims, round the clock.
Afforestation Project (Environment Cleaning Project)
A very large and ambitious project of tree plantation has been taken in had by Kaar Sewa Dera Khadur Sahib. The main object of this project is to maintain the natural beauty of surrounding area and to keep it green, clean, beautiful and pollution free. Under this project, on both sides of the five roads leading to Khadur Sahib, along with other areas of Punjab and other States, like M.P. and Rajasthan, different varieties of shady and fruit bearing plants have been planted, making a total stretch of approximately 130 kms. In Punjab only. For the protection and safety of these plants, iron-made tree-guard have also been installed. Besides this, 500 “Bohar”(Banyan) and 500 “Pippal” trees have been planted. These traditional trees will not only provide shelter to the birds, but by producing enough quantity of Oxygen, make the human life more comfortable and livable.
Target of 500 acre land for plantation of different horticultural varieties was fixed for Khadur Sahib and its peripheral area. It is pleasurable to add here that the target is near to completion. For watering of these plants, ten big tanks along with 25-30 permanent “Sewadaars” doing their work with dedicational care have been put on duty. We should realize the significance of trees and by doing new plantation, along with responsibility of their maintenance, should also contribute in the vital project of savior of human race.
In the piece of a 3 acre land near to Gurdwara Tapiana Sahib, a beautiful orchard of different and rare varieties has come into existence. Specialty of this Orchard is that instead of using chemical fertilizers, biotic manure is being used here. Also, horticultural experts are consulted off and on. The fruit of this Orchard is distributed among the “Sangat” as a “Parshad”.
Gurdwaras Constructed / Renovated / Maintained/ Supervised By Kaar Sewa, Khadur Sahib
- Gurdwara Sri Darbar Sahib (Angitha Sahib-Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji) Khadur Sahib, Distt. Tarn Taran.
- Gurdwara Thara Sahib (Sri Guru Amar Das Ji) Khadur Sahib, Distt. Tarn Taran.
- Gurdwara Tapiana Sahib (Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji) Khadur Sahib, Distt. Tarn Taran.
- Gurdwara Tap-Asthan (Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji) Khadur Sahib, Distt. Tarn Taran.
- Gurdwara Mai Bharai Sahib (Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji) Khadur Sahib, Distt. Tarn Taran.
- Gurdwara Sil Sahib (Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji) Khadur Sahib, Distt. Tarn Taran.
- Gurdwara Chubacha Sahib (Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji) Mandala Sahib, Distt. Tarn Taran.
- Gurdwara Chola Sahib, Kaleke, Distt. Tarn Taran.
- Gurdwara Bouli Sahib (Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji) Nadala, Distt. Kapurthala.
- Gurdwara Mata Gujri Ji (Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Ji) Kartarpur Sahib, Distt. Jalandhar.
- Gurdwara Sri Darbar Sahib (Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji) Dera Baba Nanak, Distt. Gurdaspur.
- Gurdwara Dehra Sahib (Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji) Batala, Distt. Gurdaspur.
- Gurdwara Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji, Othian, Batala, Distt. Gurdaspur.
- Gurdwara Sat Kartaria, Batala, Distt. Gurdaspur.
- Gurdwara Baba Budhha Ji, Shahpur Jajan, Distt. Gurdaspur.
- Gurdwara Sri Gung Sar, Kotha Guru Ka, Bathinda.
- Gurdwara Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji , Gurusar, Bathinda.
- Gurdwara Daata Bandi Chhor, Gwalior Fort (Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji) Gwalior (MP).
- Gurdwara Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Phool Bag Lashkar, Gwalior (MP).
- Gurdwara Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Murena, (MP).
- Gurdwara Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Mohna, Distt. Gwalior (MP)
- Gurdwara Charan Kanwal Sahib (Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji) Naraina, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Gurdwara Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Makrana, Rajasthan.
Educational Institutions Managed By Kaar Sewa, Khadur Sahib
- Sri Guru Angad Dev College, Khadur Sahib (Tarn Taran).
- Sri Guru Angad Dev College of Education, Khadur Sahib (Tarn Taran).
- Baba Gurmukh Singh Uttam Singh Senior Secondary School, Khadur Sahib (Tarn Taran).
- Sri Guru Arjan Dev Senior Secondary School, Kartarpur (jalandhar).
- Bandi Chhod Academy, Gawalior (MP)
- Sri Guru Hargobind Public School, Gohad (MP)
- Bandi Chhod Academy, Mohna (MP)